Thursday, December 17th, 2015
How to paint a room
Painting the rooms of your house can be a very messy and unenjoyable thing to go through, but it is something you need to do once in a while because your walls and paint can be messed and dirty.
You know we always want to help you, so, keep an eye on these advices we are giving you today for you to paint the rooms of your house like and expert and without damaging anything:
- Clean your walls: Remove all the dust, grease and dirt with some water, dish soap or detergent and a cellulose sponge. To remove all the soap from the walls, rinse them some clean and fresh water. Remember to use stairs if you have to clean on higher spaces.
- Protect from the paint all your doors, windows and frames with a special tape and remove it just at the moment you finish painting because the walls can dry and you can damage the job.
- Always prime your walls before painting, they will look all uniform and with the exact tone of the paint.
- Don’t use a roll to paint around the trim, windows, corners and walls, use a brush for being for precise and careful.
- In every wall you paint, start from corner to corner with a ‘W’ pattern and fill it without taking away the roller. This technique will allow you to have a uniform painting.
- If you are going to paint your trim, doors and window frames, then do it when your walls are completely dry. Put tape in every place in which these things meet the walls and paint with a brush.
Remember to choose colors that you like, but also, the ones that match with your house furniture and decoration, everything goes on your own taste.
If you need any help with the painting, call us we will be glad to be by your side in all this process, we will give you the best advice and you’ll end with a happy face at the end of the job.
Information taken from www.realsimple.com
How to paint a room
| K&B Cabinets
| paint a room
| room painting
Comments Off on How to paint a room